sxtl:
Top 5 Steven Gerrard Ships || #1: Steven Gerrard & Xabi Alonso
So, the story is this: When the season began in 2004, Stevie was angry and miserable and he hated everything. The ~loves of his life~ were gone - Danny was sold to somewhere I can’t remember and Michael hit his head on a rock and left for Real Madrid (heh, irony). And Rafa was new and kind of mean and Stevie was used to being the teacher’s pet with Houllier and then in the meantime Mourinho was all: COME TO CHELSEA, WE HAZ TROPHIES + $$$. So, he wasn’t exactly having the time of his life. ANYWAY: Because Rafa was Spanish he signed a bunch of Spanish players (Luis Garcia omg ;_____;) and one of them was Xabi Alonso and he was going to play in the midfield with Stevie!!! AND THAT IS WHEN EVERYTHING CHANGED. Except, not really. But kind of because they played woooonderfully together and we even had that glorious ♫we’ve got the best midfield in the world♫ song and then we won at Istanbul and Xabi and Stevie kissed and like, groped each other and the entire world acknowledged the fact that they were in looooove. Xabi was cultured and well spoken and Stevie was… Stevie (ahaha, I’m so mean). Xabi’s father played professional football while Stevie’s couldn’t afford to buy him the pair of boots he wanted when he was little. And then Xabi left even though he went to Singapore where fans sang and begged him to stay and everyone said: WE DON’T WANT GARETH BARRY, WE WANT YOU XABI. And then Steven Gerrard got so depressed, he had pretty much the worst season of his career (because he was “devestated” and other things, I suppose) And then everyone cried and I wondered why I started writing this because I’ve just depressed myself. But whatevs, no one will replace Stevie in Xabi’s ~heart. You find another player who makes Xabi look like a giggly 12 year old girl, YOU LET ME KNOW. And hey! If you add 14 + 8, you get Xabi’s new shirt number at Real Madrid
Why do I even read these things and depress myself? Argh.
I WANT 2005 BACK. DO YOU HEAR ME?
:(
Labels: photo