Jasmine. 18. Singapore.

lost, but once again found. (:
365; black-outs
Thursday, 23 February 2012 @ 6:06 pm
a rather peaceful week. no doubt still plagued by thought and threat, but still, peaceful.

took my afternoons off, just to forget the world from my own perspective, and view it through the medium of film. what a difference. mostly revisited old films I thought that I'd never see again. the cartoons of old, the films from a good 5 or 6 years back.


decided to settle and re-watch the King and the Clown, today.

the shattered sanity of the King. the coarse humour of the Clowns. the harshness of the Court, rigidity of the Ministers, beauty of the Concubines.

to the simple enjoyment and pleasure of the Commoners.


at the same time, also pursuing films set in ancient China. no English subtitles, simply spoken in Chinese and subtitled in Chinese.

for the first time in years, I'd enjoyed reading those Chinese texts.


if we could go back in time, all the way back to the ancients. 


they're jesters, so they jest. 

Labels:

0 comments: leave a comment