342; celebrations
Tuesday, 13 December 2011 @ 8:46 pm
yesterday started out badly. having just come out of a rough night and all, and then having to wear jeans and knowing that I'd have to pass something important because of another important (but not just as important) appointment that I didn't have much hope for, I was very much upset.
but things turned out differently though. somehow, the day was salvaged.
the birthday celebrations were a blast. (: I had so much fun; from having to get everything and everyone in order, to trying to light the candles but failing terribly, smashing the cake, forcing on the face paint, the jokes, the smiles, the cheers, the odd-one-outs, the laughter. sure, I did get a shock amid all these from coming face-to-face with the one I've been trying to avoid for quite some time now, but I guess... we gotta face our fears at some point, some day. and I'm glad I'd stood my ground and not let it ruin my day.
the Christmas practice was just the icing on the cake. had a really rocky start at first, worrying about not getting a room, the temporary confusion on who was coming and who wasn't, settling down for a while and then having to move again.
but once we got settled, I can't deny that it wasn't satisfying and that it made me kind of dizzy with happiness to see how much effort the group of performers (well, most of them, anyways) had put in to memorise their lyrics, trying their best to standardise their signings (even when I'd stopped them, they knew where they had gone wrong, where they needed to improve, and they made those changes.), and last and most importantly, contribute to make better the formation, which had ultimately brought out those magical expressions in them.
I'd enjoyed myself so much from all the laughter in the group from the funny actions of just one individual. extremely thankful for having a chance to work with him again. this time, I won't let go; making goals to become better people.
today was a great day as well. (:
any day spent with my groupmates seem to be a good day. the insane laughter that arises every single time we're together in a meeting just... dispels all forms of unhappiness and brings out so much joy.
meeting time totally failed as all of us arrived late except for Hema. HAHA. had a lot of fun discussing and talking rubbish at the same time. headed off for Hasinah's house after discussing and roughly getting done what we aimed to.
the funny things that happened to the group. hahahahaha, water & maggie mee fest today~ we'd gone to NTUC and bought maggie mee and cleared an entire shelf of bottled water just to get the number of empty bottles we needed for implementation at AWWA tomorrow. went directly to Hasinah's house where Alasdair cooked noodles for all of us (except Ashley since she's vegan, haha.) (: oooh, and then we painted Zul's birthday banner, in a span of... 3 to 4 hours? hehe. some group bonding time~!
the fun times. I'd wish for them to stay forever, but somehow... you know they won't.
I can't make them last longer, so I'll keep 'em in my pocket right until the very end.
Labels: HAPPY, happy days
0 comments: leave a comment