I've been thinking a lot lately, and really just taking in all that's been happening since I don't know when. either way, some things just hit me as I was at Pasir Ris Park on Friday.
Wednesday was... sort of a turning point for me. okay, maybe not Wednesday, but just Tuesday night. it was a rough night, but it's one that I won't ever forget, because for the first time, I sat in the hall at midnight and I cried because well, just so many things hit me that night, I don't even know where to begin to talk about it. the things people say, the things people do. I sincerely thanked God for the people around me.
Wednesday showed me more of God's awesome power. what I'd thought be a day gone down the drain because of a dreadful morning turned out to be one of the most beautiful days I've had. the different celebrations, the shocks, and then just coming home to find everything fine and dandy, as if the morning and the night before never happened. I thanked God once more for answering the prayer I sent before I slept.
Friday, different things clicked in my mind. just sitting with a group of friends I called my "family" at the East, having a great lunch, the laughter, the jokes; I took in the time I had with them. we may not have known each other the longest, but I felt the most comfortable I've been in a long time. going to the park, alighting at the wrong end of the park, taking a long walk there, discovering how slow my brain was... and then getting to the playground and swinging on swings and just having fun like kids.
sitting on swings, it hit me how life was just like a ride on the swing. you get to some high points up in the air, and then you get to some low points really low to the ground. you gain speed, and then you lose speed. and sometimes you just stop completely, but somehow, you find the strength to start pushing yourself to get started on the swing again.
if you get what I mean, that is ;)
