Jasmine. 18. Singapore.

lost, but once again found. (:
325; recovery
Wednesday, 9 November 2011 @ 7:12 pm
had one of the worst bus rides home today.

I'd chosen a really weird timing to leave the school, resulting in having to board a really crowded bus. urgh. the wait for the next bus wasn't all that bad. what was bad was the number of people that boarded my bus. maybe I'd forgotten or the instances were rare, but today was one of the days I've seen the most number of people on an 852 before. I'd literally panicked thinking I wouldn't be able to grab a seat through my long long long bus ride home. zzz.

I'd felt like puking while on the bus home. motion sickness, probably. the bus wasn't even out of Bukit Timah Road yet. music was plugged in, some good songs were playing; I'd a seat, I was comfortable. but yet, there was this ache in my head that did me in. I tried to sleep, but I woke up every 2 bus stops. the JC kids that boarded just aggravated me even more as they whacked my shoulder with their bags, arms, legs, shoe bags, files, as they went further back into the bus.

and so the bus went on all the way back to Yishun, incredibly filled, as more people went up and down, up and down. (more whacks to my shoulder.) with the man in the seat beside me talking extremely loudly (and rudely) into his phone, which had an extremely loud ringtone.


safely at home now though. thoroughly enjoyed the walk back with music, and the beautiful sky. and the trees. the only thing that bugged me, and forever and always will bug me, since it's a permanent structure, is the building of that condo right next to my apartment. there's only one word to describe that structure: ugly.

that green scaffolding, the upturned land, those metal pillars. plastic, metal, wood, cement, pipes. everything that's there now. and those machines. I couldn't be more upset with them.

where I'd once always enjoyed walking home because all I could see was endless greenery, now replaced by an incomplete structure. unsightly.

and when the people start moving in, no more will this place be safe. all the people that come to invade what was once silent and beautiful.




true that I do have an assignment meant to be rushed out by tomorrow, 3pm. but I can't help but stay on the topic of change. change change change. ever-changing change. everything's moving forward. to a certain extent, I can't wait to see what's going to happen next. but yet, I want to keep this stability.

do circumstances change people, or people change in circumstances?

Labels:

0 comments: leave a comment